Just booted up the pilot episode of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century to cheer myself up after going nearly a month without my Prius due to an auto accident. Was supposed to be finally fixed today, but it started overheating as soon as I started to drive home, so now I'm marooned without even a rental -- and the next time I see a Jetta I will scream.
Anyway. Assessment of "Buck":
1. I still love it. My taste, it is so bad. There is every kind of -ism imaginable. Apparently getting hooked on this show as a child caused permanent brain damage.
2. It is the only campy SF which doesn't make me wince at the stupid. See above.
3. Colonel Wilma Deering rocks. And now I finally understand why I had her action figure as a kid. Yay!
4. Princess Ardala does not need "a strong man at her side" to help her conquer the universe. She simply needs WILMA to command her fleet. And then the universe will not stand a chance.
Ship Wilma/Adala y/n? Possibly unfair to Wilma. Further research is indicated.
6. Addendum. Twiki's "Bedebedebedebede" was more entertaining when I was 8.